Mulu, Pinnacles 14 - 16 June 2008 Part I
If not mistaken, We had booked for this trip somewhere around last year October. At that time, I have totally no idea how Mulu will be. The only information that I have is 8.8KM of walking track. Em..sounds easy. Ok 'on'. Started to worry only a few day before the trip as I am googling about 'MULU PINNACLE' and I found this 'http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/1522628.html Aiyah don't care!! die die go only.
From KL - Miri - Mulu - Kuala Litut - Camp 5 - Pinnacles - Camp 5 - Mulu - Miri - KL took us 5 days.
Day 1 - 14 June 2008
KL - Miri
Flight No: AK5254
Departure time : 0725
Arrival time : 0940
Out of my expectation, Miri Airport was quite developed. With good air-cond (cold), a few coffee shop, 1901, handicraft shop & sundries shop.
Miri - Mulu
Flight No: D72234
Departure time : 1220
Arrival time : 1300
Sharp @ 1pm, We reached a very small town Mulu with a small plane. Without wasting time,We proceed to Mulu National Park. We have a choice either to walk (800m) or sit on a car. I think I prefer car as Mr. Sun is active during that hour.
Finally we reached the national park. Welcome by mosquito.
Lang Caves
Deer Caves
Don't know what caves. Part and partial of the caves


Thousand or million of bats coming out from the cave at the same time. Amazing is in Z style. They are looking for food. Wondering one day they can form in love or star shape. haha.
Long Boat
Happily jump near by the Padi field


Finally we reached Kuala Litut.
Part of the 8.8Km track.
The second bridge.. It's raining..
Simple longhouse with kitchen, toilet & sleeping area.
From KL - Miri - Mulu - Kuala Litut - Camp 5 - Pinnacles - Camp 5 - Mulu - Miri - KL took us 5 days.
Day 1 - 14 June 2008
KL - Miri
Flight No: AK5254
Departure time : 0725
Arrival time : 0940
Out of my expectation, Miri Airport was quite developed. With good air-cond (cold), a few coffee shop, 1901, handicraft shop & sundries shop.
Miri - Mulu
Flight No: D72234
Departure time : 1220
Arrival time : 1300
Sharp @ 1pm, We reached a very small town Mulu with a small plane. Without wasting time,We proceed to Mulu National Park. We have a choice either to walk (800m) or sit on a car. I think I prefer car as Mr. Sun is active during that hour.
Hostel basis. Around 20 in a 'room'
Lang (World largest cave passage) & Deer Caves & Bat exodus is our dessert for lunch. Located 3.8Km away from where we stay.
Thousand or million of bats coming out from the cave at the same time. Amazing is in Z style. They are looking for food. Wondering one day they can form in love or star shape. haha.Day 2 - 15 June 2008
After breakfast, we are ready to gather at the entrance to start our second day. All our belonging separated to 2 bags. One will carried with us to Camp 5 & another one will be kept at National Park. We departed to Penan Village via Long boat @ 8am. A village with simple life. No Cinema, hardly found TV & no vehicle. I don't think I can stay here for long.
Without wasting time, we took the long Boat to Kuala Litut and there begin with our 8.8Km walking track to Camp5. Em sound easy 'IF' there is no leeches & no rain.
Reached Camp around 5pm with my totally wet shoe (have no idea how to wear this tomorrow) & a few leeches bite. Had no choice but to queue up for cold shower. As we are waiting for shower, I tried to pack some necessities for tomorrow.
Sleep side by side. Mattress is provided with no blanket.
Dinner with the best curry chicken in my life (Ei I'm not kidding) & pucuk paku.
Follow by a short briefing from Tony on tomorrow climb. According to him, 4 hrs for 2000m is definitely more than enough. If really cannot, then must be 'SOMETHING WRONG'. Huh!!!
Then we ZZZ. I can't really sleep well as I am quite worried & it's rain the whole night.
Comments